Our Staff Training Week is a time to learn about Hope Valley Day camp, our programs, schedules and policies, first aid and emergency procedures, discuss potential camper behaviours and how to properly deal with any issues that may arise, and much more.
It is also a time to get to know the rest of the team, which is essential as we will be working together throughout the whole summer and often beyond that.
There are always new issues to be covered each year, so we expect everyone to be present. This is also a requirement from our insurance company. If you need to make special arrangements, please contact the camp office in advance at email@example.com. You will not officially be a part of the Hope Valley staff team this summer until you complete our Staff Training Week.
What should you bring?
- your Bible, notepad and pencil/pen (a Bible can be provided if you don’t have one)
- sleeping bag, pillow, towel, personal toiletries and fitted sheet for a single bed
- clothing for different types of summer weather such as a good sun hat, sunglasses, modest swimsuits (no bikinis please), towels, sunscreen, comfortable footwear (sandals, running shoes), raincoat
- please leave valuables at home
- comfortable face masks for covid-19 regulations (if required during camp season)
- a desire to grow and a servant-hearted attitude!
Monday July 4, 2022 at 2 pm
Friday July 8, 2022 at 5 pm
All meals and snacks are provided during your stays at camp. We have a camp kitchen dedicated to feed our volunteers only (campers bring their own lunches as they would going to school).
Head lice policy:
Due to possibly living in shared dorm quarters during your time with us, all staff members will be checked for head lice at the beginning of the summer and periodically as indicated by the Camp Administrators. If any are found during the camp season, the staff member may be asked to return home for treatment.
Covid-19 pandemic Safety Policy:
Prior to arriving at Hope Valley Day Camp, we expect you to self assess and be tested for covid-19 or derivatives if you are showing any symptoms up to 1 week prior to Staff Training week. We are asking all staff to self-isolate (as much as possible) and take every precaution before entering the grounds. Each morning you’re with us you will also be asked to sign a declaration that you have carried out a self-assessment of covid-19 symptoms before breakfast is served. Please review our covid-19 Safety Plan before attending (click here).